If you are in need of a quick treat for a party or even just movie night, this is sure to hit the spot. 6 simple ingredients are all you need.
- Popcorn kernels
- Mini marshmallows (they melt faster than the regular size)
- Food coloring
- Pour 6 Tbsp of oil and 2/3 cup of popcorn kernels in a 5.5-6 qt pot. Cover with a lid and bring to medium-high heat. Let the kernels pop until they start to slow down.
- Remove from heat, and divide the popcorn into three batches. Try to get out any leftover kernels.
- Salt two batches lightly, and give the third batch extra salt to preferred taste.
- In the same pot, melt 3 Tbsp. of butter, 2/3 cup of marshmallows, and one to two drops of yellow food coloring.
- Once melted, stir in one of the lightly salted batches of popcorn. Mix thoroughly, then spread onto parchment paper or a cookie sheet.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5, using orange food coloring.
- Let the marshmallow popcorn set for about 20 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Over a large bowl, break up the yellow and orange marshmallow batches, and mix in the white popcorn. Gently toss until colors have mixed.
- Now you have festive and tasty popcorn to enjoy! You can make this a few hours ahead of time. After about 12 hours, the popcorn texture starts to change, so I wouldn’t prep too far ahead of time.
Share this Post